2007-07-21

GREAT AMERICAN BASH THOUGHTS

In my opinion, this PPV should prove to the general public that WWE did not make a foolish decision . . . that is to make each and every single PPV to be multi-branded unlike before wherein every brand has its unique PPV.The following are my thoughts regarding the upcoming PPV of WWE, the Great American Bash:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Great American Bash poster featuring Rey Mysterio. Sadly, Rey Mysterio won't suit up for this PPV due to his nagging injuries.

A. Cena vs Lashley for WWE Championship

To be honest with all of you, I'm rooting for Lashley in this one. I think they drafted Lashley to Raw just to become the WWE Champ. Also, Cena has been the champ for a looooooong time now so I think someone has to defeat Cena.

B. Randy Orton vs Dusty Rhodes in a Texas Bullrope Match
Considering the fact that this is a Texas Bullrope Match, I think that this would be a lousy match. I want Randy Orton to win in this match. Dusty Rhodes is so old and slow which makes me think about the pace of this match.

C. The Great Khali vs Batista vs Kane in a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
With WWE giving The Great Khali the World Heavyweight Belt, this just makes Smackdown more pathetic. Add to that the fact that Batista is also not a good wrestler. Kane, meanwhile, is also deserving of a title reign. Considering the fact that he turned down an offer to be the one to break the Phenom's WM undefeated streak, I think that this IS the right time for Kane but still I expect Khali to win this. I just hope that by the time that Edge returns, he should get back the title he deserves.

I'm still having huge expectations for this PPV. I hope I won't be disappointed. WWE, if you would ask me, is still not utilizing its talent well like that of Kennedy and C.M Punk to mention a few.

D. John Morrison(formerly known as Johnny Nitro) vs C.M Punk
With Johnny Nitro given a new persona, I think that WWE wants to add more flair to his role. With John Morrison as the current ECW Champ, I really think that WWE is now being serious about ECW. C.M Punk, as we all know lost to Nitro in Vengeance IIRC. I want C.M Punk to win but I expect Morrison to win this one.

E. Umaga vs Jeff Hardy for the IC Title
I was very happy that Umaga is now the IC Champ again. Umaga is certainly more deserving than Santino Marella. With Jeff Hardy added to the mix, I really think that this would be a great match. Umaga wins for me.

F. Sandman vs Carlito
With Carlito reprising as the heel again, this makes him better unlike his face persona which made him look pathetic. Most of the results of their encounters in Raw have been DQs so I expect the trend to continue in the Great American Bash.

G. MVP vs Matt Hardy for the U.S Title
The Hardys are being pushed in the midcard level and I laud that. MVP, IMO, has loads of potential and I think that he will be a good main eventer in the future alongside Kennedy. I expect this to be a good match also. IMO, MVP will win this one.

H. Candice Michelle vs Melina
Trish Stratus' departure from WWE certainly made the Women's Division suckish. I think WWE is still experimenting with its Women's Division so to speak and I think that Candice will win this one considering the fact that she's being pushed.

I still contemplate the fact that "The Game" is still out so I might just as well sit back and relax.

These are my thoughts for now.
Savvy?

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates