2007-09-01

RECOLLECTION GOODNESS

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
-Alexander Graham Bell-

Today, we had our Recollection in our school. It was a really fun experience for all of us in Exodus. We got closer because of the said event. We really took advantage of the event and bonded to the max during lunch time. The gang was just really close during the whole event. Patrick was of course, saying his DoTA mastery lines. Jov, meanwhile, was saying that all of the DoTA players in the class are nothing but chicken feed. Marti was again teased with someone. LOL! Atan was just his usual quiet self. Apollo was just doing his thing as usual.

First activity was really fine and it set the mood of the activity. We listened to the song "Power of Love" by Don Moen, the great singer of Christian songs. The Recollection was mostly a venue to release all the insecurities regarding our own respective lives.

I can say that Lunch was the best time ever. Jov ate Nissin Cup Noodles. Pat ate bisteg. Marti ate bacon. Atan ate Chow Fan. Tristan ate quail eggs. Renato also ate Chow Fan. Bilog ate hotdogs. Yours truly also ate hotdogs. While eating, Atan suddenly cried. Of course, we comforted him. Jov was really just getting food from Marti so as to fulfill his food desires. I also got bacon from Marti. In short, we really shared our food.

I treated Jov, Pat, and Marti with KitKat. For some reason, I just did it and enjoyed the moment. Well, they said that I was acting like Santa Claus to them. LOL!

My fave part was when we passed a bond paper then our classmates would write a comment about us. I was really touched by their comments especially her comment. It was uber sweet. It was heartwarming. It really made me happy.

The Mass was also not boring. Tristan made me awake all the time alongside Cherie and Gemma. They made some fun with the way they sing the songs. Yes, it's unethical but I can't help but laugh out loud especially at Tristan.

Now about the quote by Alexander Graham Bell. Through this Recollection, I simply got an opportunity to get to know myself more. I appreciated this day a lot. I have gained a deeper insight about the real me - my own identity to be exact, that is. A "door" closes when we sin a lot, when we commit miscues a lot, for short, simply when we commit mistakes. A "door" opens when we have the will, the determination, the guts, and simply the attitude to be better.

Let's connect this quote to our own lives now per se. When an opportunity comes, we tend to decide first on it before we act. If you are to ask me about this matter, we simply must think seriously and heavily in matters like this. All factors must be considered. Of course, this is decision-making and we simply have to decide for our betterment. "Let every situation make you decide on something in life." This is something that I learned in the Recollection earlier. I believe in the principle that when we make a decision, chances are, we will be wiser and more mature in life. When an opportunity dies, we all tend to mourn about it. This must not happen. We simply must remember that there are second chances. We must not be oblivious from this forgotten fact. It simply is a matter of principles and beliefs in life.

This is it for now.
Savvy?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO:
Janica

ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO:
Bea
Celine
Cyril

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates