2008-02-16

SONGS THAT HAVE BEEN ON MY HEAD THIS PAST FEW DAYS

This entry will talk about the songs that have been on my head for quite a while already. So felllas, let's do get the ball rolling.

1. The Pretender by Foo Fighters from the album "Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace"
The first single from the latest album of Foo Fighters has certainly made me feel pumped up. Dave Grohl knows his stuff and the song in itself is a work of art. The video for this song is truly epic. The live version of this song from this year's Grammy's was truly special. Just watch the video for you to know what I'm talking about.

2. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam from the album "Rearviewmirrow"
Eddie Vedder's voice doesn't disappoint me. The beat of this song has been remarkable. The lyrics of this song are just pure awesome. It is a song that I use to energize myself when I wake up from my sleep.

3. Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys from the album "Favourite Worst Nightmare"
Intros of a song usually tell if the song will be good or not. Fortunately, the intro of this song was epic. Alex Turner's songwriting is definitely awesome. I recommend this song for those who want to listen to good British music.

4. Starlight by Muse from the album "Blackholes and Revelations"
Craig Bellamy's piano playing is evident right from the get go. The piano element of this song makes this song a must-play for those who want relaxing rock music. I knew this song thanks to YouTube some two years back.

5. Slither by Velvet Revolver from the album "Contraband"
Matt Weisberg(did I get the name right?) is the vocalist of this band and I definitely wished that Axl Rose should have been the vocalist of this band. However, Slash's solos are still intriguing and I wonder how does Slash pull those riffs off?

6. Paradise City by Guns 'N Roses from the album "Appetite For Destruction"
All together now! "Take me down to the paradise city . . ." An epic song in my humble opinion. This song was pure awesome goodness.

7. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N Roses from the album "Appetite For Destruction"
Axl Rose's vocals show the necessary emotion that this song needs. Add Slash's amazing guitar playing skills and what you get is an epic song. The song might be long for your tastes but this song defined the awesomeness of the Rock genre way back then.

8. When You Were Young by The Killers from the album "Sam's Town"
Brandon Flowers' vocals in this song sounded like Bono. If I were to compare this song to another hit from The Killers, Mr. Brightside, I would select the latter because it sounded better. However, Bono-isms aside, this song definitely is a good one particularly because of the guitar sounds in it. A good song for those who are bored if you are to ask me.

9. Somebody's Me by Enrique Iglesias from the album "Insomniac"
Enrique Iglesias' songs have been good. His latest album, "Insomniac" definitely proves my point. It is a song that I use for me to sleep at times. However, I recommend this song for those who like music from the Pop genre.

10. Through The Fire And The Flames by Dragonforce from the album "Inhuman Rampage"
"So far away! We'll wait for the very end! . . ." These very words make the song epic if you are to ask me. Hernan Li's guitar playing skill is definitely awesome and I think that people only know this band thanks to Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock. Boohoo.

11. How Long by Eagles from the album "Long Road Out Of Eden"
Finally, I listened to the new album by The Eagles three months ago and up to now, they are still in my playlist. The Eagles never ceases to impress if you are to ask me.

12. Paralyzer by Finger Eleven from the album "Them Vs. You Vs. Me"
A song that definitely bursts out that rocking attitude. It does have a good chorus and the guitar sounds of this song is definitely one of a kind.

13. Over You by Daughtry from the album "Daughtry"
A song that I use to relax myself. It is a song that really made me say "Ooooh. So Chris Daughtry can rock out". A good song. However, I've noticed that this song is used by people who were "heartbroken". Definitely gross.

14. Vertigo by U2 from the album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"
Bono is definitely the bomb. His songs have some social consciousness elements attached into it. The song in itself is wonderful and with U2 being the one who plays it, it is more epic.

15. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith from the album "Armageddon Soundtrack"
Steven Tyler's vocals are the bomb. The song definitely suited the movie. Bottomline.

So here is my list. More songs to come in future entries.
Savvy?


post signature

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates